Okay, so not sure why I am feeling so domestic recently but I decided to share another “healthier alternative” recipe. This is a dessert or treat you can whip up in 15 minutes and comes in at about 150 calories per serving.
1 6-pk Keebler mini graham crusts
1 Medium apple
3 tbsp Smart Balance spread
1 tbsp Splenda Brown Sugar blend
1/3 tsp cinnamon
1. Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees
2. While oven is pre-heating, soften spread in microwave for 15 seconds
3. Mix in brown sugar blend and cinnamon
4. Dice the apple and toss in the mixture until all apple pieces are coated.
5. Fill crusts with the apples. Dribble any remaining mixture on top.
6. Place crusts on a cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes
Makes six servings. Serve as is or with ice cream.
That’s it! Note that if you use regular brown sugar or butter, that will increase the calorie count.
And while you are thinking about food, don’t forget about our charity cookbook project to support the Food Bank of South Jersey!
Buy the print book and download the Kindle version for free!